Tuesday, August 21, 2012


INSPIRATION........

I love finding concept images that pique my imagination. Kelly Wearstler is a master at playful color, always vibrant but never clownishly overdone. A recent project of mine required a little color inspiration and I went to my database of design indulgence and happened upon the image below. The Viceroy Miami designed by Kelly Wearstler.

When I stayed there last year during a visit to Miami, I was absolutely floored by the beauty of the highly saturated colors and glamorous details. The perfectly accessorized center table creates a dramatic focal point to this tertiary space and certainly made me feel as if I had stepped into a lovingly composed still-life. The painterly approach to color immediately sets the tone for the remaining spaces within the hotel. While projects such as the Viceroy aren't the norm, they are the crown jewels of design that inspire designers and design-lovers alike.


No comments:

Post a Comment